Mercury is a very deadly element, many refer to it as the second most deadly substance known to man. We are exposed Mercury almost on a daily basis, some are exposed to it constantly. It occurs naturally and can be man made. Some coal fire plants put off Mercury into the air, many lakes and ocean bodies contain Mercury, even tooth fillings and everyday medicines can contain Mercury.
Let’s talk about silver “fillings” first since so many people have them they must be safe, right? Research studies indicate that Mercury is more toxic than arsenic, lead or even cadmium. Mercury exists in many variants. While alone, it is called “elemental Mercury” (liquid Mercury, Mercury vapor, or ions of Mercury—which is electrically charged Mercury particles). The most harmful forms of Mercury are methylmercury (the form detected inside fish and seafood) and Mercury vapor (one of the forms put out from Mercury amalgam fillings in your mouth). Hg is the chemical symbol for mercury. Mercury has a very low “elimination rate” from the body. This is also called the “elimination halftime”—the amount of time required to eliminate one-half of one single dose of mercury. For all forms of mercury, this averages 30 to 70 days (1 or 2 months). Every time you eat food, the chewing action lets go of more Mercury—giving you an additional “dosage” of the compound. If a person is exposed to numerous doses every day, even if the dosages are extremely small, over a time period the total Mercury in the tissues slowly increases. Only one-half of the mercury in the blood normally excretes out through the urine. A tiny percentage is exhaled. Ordinary, human beings breathe in at least 17,280 times every day, Human postmortem examinations expose that dental amalgam Mercury gets into the patient’s body and progresses with time. There’s no identified toxic threshold for Mercury. This signifies that even the most minuscule amount in your body can hurt you. This is a crucial fact. For we will find out, OSHA and the EPA know it. Dental amalgam fillings are roughly 50% Mercury (actually 52%). One ordinary size amalgam filling contains approximately 780 mg (milligrams) of Mercury. This quantity surpasses the United States. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) non-dietary Mercury consumption Standard for over 100 years. Put differently, it is much more than you should safely put into your body for a very long time!
Reading that last paragraph you might of noticed we mentioned fish and seafood as a source of Mercury. Yes, unfortunely our oceans are getting polluted with this deadly toxin and it’s in our food chain now and no amount of cooking or cleaning can get all the Mercury out of the food.
Next lets cover another source of Mercury you might be shocked to learn about. Everyday medicines now contain Mercury. We’ve talking nasal sprays, contact lense cleaners and vaccines such as the Flu shot. From companies we know and love such as Pharmedix, Harris-Teeter, Farm Fresh, CVS, Bausch & Lomb and many more. In fact we have a free list of these drugs that have Mercury.
We can go on and on about what all has Mercury and what Mercury is, but we have decided to put together a free pamphlet called Facts About Mercury you can freely download below.
Don’t forget to check out our free MMS Supplement Guide if you are worried about Mercury poisoning. The following excerpt is taken from Jim Humbles MMS book.
“MMS oxidizes the heavy metals within the body. I believe this because there have been a number of tests where the hair roots were checked before and after taking MMS. Afterwards, the heavy metals were gone. That includes mercury and lead and several other metals. Unfortunately, hair root testing is not totally accurate, but it is a good indication. Oxidation of the heavy metals is not the same process as chelating, but the results are the same. When a heavy metal is oxidized it is neutralized and is simply washed out of the body. “